Business Development and Sales Executive - Bracknell
Business Development and Sales Executive - Bracknell
Application closing date: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Share this page
Are you a confident individual looking to bring your initiative to a field that can make a huge difference to the lives of those experiencing crisis? Are you ready to step into a role where you can build on and expand relationships in a consultative sales environment? Do you have a passion for crisis management and / or humanitarian efforts? If so, we have just what you’re looking for!
Kenyon International Emergency Services (KIES) are a part of the Air Partner Group and they offer a set of integrated, configurable solutions to help private and public organisations manage the consequences of an incident and we are looking for a Business Development and Sales Executive to join our Bracknell Team.
This is a vital role within the Commercial department. In addition to the primary responsibilities listed below, this role is a key support function to the department, and you will be responsible for the management of client relationships, soliciting new customers, and developing growth strategies.
As the Business Development & Sales Executive you will be tasked with client reach out and engagement across existing client portfolios, seeking out and developing new sales opportunities and ensuring clients are kept up to date with key company progress and initiatives.
We will consider candidates with similar experience in a relevant consultative selling field, or candidates that have come from a crisis management background who want to be taught how to be an effective BD and Sales Executive.
Responsibilities will include:
· Drive new business and sales opportunities through proactive client reach out across the client base.
· Develop sales opportunities, convert pipeline prospects into sales, and negotiate contracts for services and consultancy/training agreements in line with company policies and directives.
· Meet the required individual and departmental sales targets.
· Prepare proposals and conduct briefings for current and prospective clients.
· Utilise the CRM system to support all sales activity and reporting.
· Support departmental managers to achieve better sales results for all company products and services.
· Conduct market research to actively seek out and identify selling and upselling opportunities and trends, as well as competitor initiatives.
· Assist with the collation of sales and marketing statistics.
· Support the marketing department by developing marketing initiatives to drive training, consultancy and upsell programs.
· Help build and collate analytics and metrics to further develop initiatives based on client/market feedback.
· Ensure your client base is kept informed about operational and organisational news and developments.
· Prepare and submit client tenders in a timely manner and present professionally and confidently (as required).
· Internal sales account management.
· Support budgetary planning process; provide recommendations for investment to deliver Commercial strategy.
· Manage allocated budget to maximise return on investment.
· Maintain routine cost control, providing monthly returns to the Finance Department.
· Visit clients nationwide with nights away (can be up to 4 nights out)
· Occasionally travel internationally for liaison with airports, airlines, external suppliers and customers may be required.
· Cold calling and prospecting
· Drive business growth through developing new customer relationships and expanding business with existing clients.
· provide insight reports on market trends and opportunities.
· Identify and oversee Kenyon’s attendance at appropriate industry events to further increase brand awareness and drive growth in products and services.
· Determine marketing and PR priorities to achieve revenue sales targets, liaising with the Group Marketing team to ensure (marketing) activities are aligned to Sales and BD strategy.
· Identify opportunities and develop business case (s) for new service offerings.
· Be highly knowledgeable of Kenyon’s products and services and maintain a high degree of proficiency in the use of Kenyon’s products and services.
· Manage multiple tasks, determining priorities as appropriate; with the flexibility to adapt and adjust to unforeseen circumstances.
· Liaise with managers across the business to ensure Business Development is aligned to available resources.
· Be proficient in planning, scheduling and resource management.
· Ensure all services delivered in accordance with quality management system.
· Promote collaboration within the team and across the business.
· Promote diversity and encourage inclusivity.
· Celebrate individual and team success.
During operations, the you may be required to work within the Kenyon Crisis Management Centre and support during deployments, which may require additional or weekend hours.
· Success in driving business growth through expansion and acquisition of new customer accounts in a relevant, consultative sales environment or a strong background in crisis management and a willingness to learn sales, business development and account management skills.
· A good understanding of what Kenyon offer and a passion for our industry.
· Experience of producing or an understanding of formal commercial documents including proposals, work agreements, contracts, invoicing, credit control.
· A strong ability to develop and maintain relationships, influencing, and liaising with clients and people at all levels of an organisation.
· Experience in or a willingness to undertake cold calling and prospecting.
· A positive attitude with a practical interest in Sales.
· Self-starting, tenacious, pro-active and results driven attitude
· Excellent written, verbal, and oral presentation skills.
· A willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally.
· An ability to handle multiple situations simultaneously.
· Great listening skills and an ability to identify customer objectives and align solutions to overcome barriers and drive sales.
· Strong customer focus.
· Resilience and the ability to deal with awkward clients.
· A willingness to work unsociable hours at the time of Kenyon operations to support operational deployments.
· An understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques.
· Proven experience of upselling (ideally).
· Experience in CRM software is an advantage (Salesforce would be beneficial)
· Proficient in MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
· Formal qualifications in English and Maths (a minimum standard of GCSE English, GCSE Maths or equivalent).
· A degree in a relevant field would be an advantage.
About Air Partner Group, a Wheels Up Company
Founded in 1961, Air Partner Group is a world-leading international aviation services group providing aircraft charter, aviation safety and security solutions, and managed services to industry, commerce, governments, and private individuals, as well as civil and military organisations.
The Air Partner Group has two divisions: Air Partner Charter and Air Partner Services (previously Safety & Security). Air Partner Charter comprises of group charter, private jets, freight, and specialist services. Group Charter charters large airliners to move groups of any size. Private Jets offers the Company's unique pre-paid JetCard scheme and on-demand charter for up to 19 people. Freight charters aircraft of every size to fly almost any cargo anywhere, at any time.
Air Partner Services comprises Baines Simmons, Redline Assured Security Ltd, Air Partner CHS, Kenyon International Emergency Services, and Managed Services. Baines Simmons offers aviation safety management and fatigue risk management. Redline Assured Security delivers government-standard security training, consultancy, and solutions to regulated, high value and high threat environments. Kenyon International Emergency Services is a world leader in emergency planning and incident response. Air Partner CHS specialises in conditioning monitoring solutions that predict and prevent the failure of electromechanical systems.
Air Partner works with Climate and Development experts Climate Impact Partners, to allow clients to offset carbon emissions in support of projects that not only cut carbon but also alleviate poverty and improve lives.
Air Partner Limited is a Wheels Up company, the leading provider of on-demand private aviation in the U.S. and one of the largest private aviation companies in the world. Wheels Up is headquartered in New York City and operates in 25 locations across three continents and employs 2,700 professionals globally. Air Partner Group is ISO 9001:2015 compliant for commercial airline and private jet solutions worldwide. More information is available on the company's website (www.airpartnergroup.com)
Air Partner is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive working environment for all employees, we do this via our Environmental, Social and Governance Strategy, our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion forum, and our Recruitment strategy. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, and we would love to hear from you.
If you have any issues submitting your application, please instead submit your CV and any supporting information (covering letter, salary expectations, confirmation of your right to work in the relevant country and your current notice period), stating which vacancy you are applying for, directly to email@example.com