Application closing date: Friday, January 27, 2023
Share this page
Do you have a strong background in a high-end business development environment – preferably within an airline, freight forwarder or charter broking company? Are you looking for a career in a company the develops their own? If so, apply now, as we are looking for a talented Business Developer to join our growing cargo team! We offer competitive base salaried and excellent earning potential in commissions.
You will drive new business opportunities and open sales channels, working in conjunction with the Global Business Development teams and the wider Global Freight business.
This role will help the Freight team in expanding the Air Partner client base in line with the company strategy and vision.
This position will be predominately business development with the flexibility to assist and work on operational duties when required to ensure optimal delivery, after which the account will be passed onto a broker or account manager.
We would like the successful candidate to ideally be based in a commutable distance of our Cologne office, but we will accept applications from suitable candidates looking to work mostly remotely as well, if they have the right background and are willing to travel as required occasionally for the role.
What you will be doing:
· Taking a lead role in shaping strategic direction of Freight in the global market
· Outlining innovative approaches and business models to develop the business e.g. how content can be integrated into systems and how to generate revenue from this approach
· Liaising with the Vice President of Business Development, to ensure resources and services to support and deliver the strategy
· Providing business direction into cycle planning, sector development and portfolio management
· Providing business direction into product developments to ensure that Air Partner delivers unique, superior products and services that differentiate within the marketplace and deliver benefits and value to the client
· Horizon scanning to inform business development opportunities and identify market trends
· Business development planning, client and competitor analysis, proposal design and tender bids to grow the business
· Working closely with sales and marketing teams to develop / upsell existing business, and identifying pursuing new business opportunities for Freight products and services
· Leading in contract negotiations
· Ensuring all client and supplier activities are logged in CRM
· Preparing tender bids
· Preparing and presenting business proposals to clients
· Providing visible leadership – within and outside of the Air Partner Group – e.g. Corporate clients, consumer reports/thought leadership and working with new product development, Sales, Technology and Marketing teams
· Attending and presenting at relevant events and meetings with key influencers to generate business leads and raising the profile of our Air Partner cargo product
· Working with the team of cargo brokers to ensure client relationships are maintained according to Air Partner standards and to incorporate our client care programme into the sales cycle
· Providing user experience feedback from clients and troubleshooting where necessary to protect existing, and new business
· Attending key conferences and trade shows to engage users and purchasers of freight charter products and services and generate leads
· Providing market feedback about business development opportunities that could be exploited through development of niche content or data sets
What we are looking for:
· Experience in a high-end business development environment – preferably within an airline, freight forwarder or charter broking company
· An advanced level of German and English language skills
· An ability to communicate clearly and persuasively and capable of influencing others
· Great leadership skills and the ability to build successful relationships with clients, contacts, and colleagues
· A highly strategic and client centric approach
· A competitive nature and attitude to work, with the ability to handle working in a high pressured environment
· Familiarity of working with a CRM system
· A highly motivated and self-confident individual with the ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm and productivity.
· Strong listening and problem solving skills
· Business / commercial acumen and a professional approach to work
· Other foreign language abilities would be an advantage
· IT literacy with advance Microsoft Office Skills
· A flexible approach to your work and a willing to travel (sometimes at short notice)
About Air Partner Group, a Wheels Up Company
Founded in 1961, Air Partner Group is a world-leading international aviation services group providing aircraft charter, aviation safety and security solutions, and managed services to industry, commerce, governments, and private individuals, as well as civil and military organisations.
The Air Partner Group has two divisions: Air Partner Charter and Air Partner Services (previously Safety & Security). Air Partner Charter comprises of group charter, private jets, freight, and specialist services. Group Charter charters large airliners to move groups of any size. Private Jets offers the Company's unique pre-paid JetCard scheme and on-demand charter for up to 19 people. Freight charters aircraft of every size to fly almost any cargo anywhere, at any time.
Air Partner Services comprises Baines Simmons, Redline Assured Security Ltd, Kenyon International Emergency Services, and Managed Services. Baines Simmons offers aviation safety management and fatigue risk management. Redline Assured Security delivers government-standard security training, consultancy, and solutions to regulated, high value and high threat environments. Kenyon International Emergency Services is a world leader in emergency planning and incident response.
Air Partner works with Climate and Development experts Climate Impact Partners, to allow clients to offset carbon emissions in support of projects that not only cut carbon but also alleviate poverty and improve lives.
Air Partner Limited is a Wheels Up company, the leading provider of on-demand private aviation in the U.S. and one of the largest private aviation companies in the world. Wheels Up is headquartered in New York City and operates in 25 locations across three continents and employs 2,700 professionals globally. Air Partner Group is ISO 9001:2015 compliant for commercial airline and private jet solutions worldwide. More information is available on the company's website (www.airpartnergroup.com)
Air Partner is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive working environment for all employees, we do this via our Environmental, Social and Governance Strategy, our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion forum, and our Recruitment strategy. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and we would love to hear from you.
If you have any issues submitting your application, please instead submit your CV and any supporting information (covering letter, salary expectations, confirmation of your right to work in the relevant country and your current notice period), stating which vacancy you are applying for, directly to email@example.com