Do you have recent, strong sales / account management / business development skills and a dynamic, enthusiastic, hunter gatherer approach with excellent written and verbal communication skills? Maybe you are currently an estate agent, a recruitment consultant or an Account Manager and you are looking for a change in industry with a company that can offer you the support you need to begin a long career with excellent earning potential? If so, look no further... If you have any previous freight / cargo import / export experience / air charter experience, that is just a huge plus too!
Air Partner has been offering trusted aviation solutions for 60 years. Adding new divisions to our portfolio all the time and expanding our markets globally, we have just had our most successful year ever, despite the pandemic. Leaders in aviation charter, we are looking for a Freight Charter Account Manager / Broker to join our Gatwick based team.
You will report directly to the Freight Manager and assist with large contracts and other ad-hoc projects, developing key client and supplier relationships and also tightening global relationships with other Air Partner offices.
To compliment the primary role, it will be necessary on occasion to be included in various field activities such as client visits, airline visits, attending trade shows, flight riding or load and offload supervision, so someone who is happy to travel nationally and internationally is a must!
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Achieving targets set for each financial year
· Providing support to the Freight Manager in all aspects of day-to-day trading
· Maintaining contact & developing relationships with your clients and suppliers
· Assisting with client care activities and supplier relations and maintaining active records of this within the CRM system
· Creating and executing sales plans to bring onboard new clients, under the guidance of the Business Development lead
· Turning around new and existing client enquiries and tenders swiftly
· Ensuring all new enquiries are entered correctly into our systems and updated on a regular basis
· Offering an after sales service and orderly maintenance of paperwork
· Conforming to all company procedures as set down in the employment contract and the staff manual
· Participate in the out of hours on call rota after training
What we are looking for:
You will be highly competitive, motivated and hungry to win business, take a logical approach to problem solving, adapt with changing situations and have the ability to maintain a sense of humour, even in a pressured situation. You will also have:
· Either have experience as a charter broker (ideally freight / cargo), experience working for a Freight Forwarder or experience within another high pressure account manager / sales role (such as estate agent or recruitment consultant) with demonstrable success in your field and an ability to adapt to new sectors
· A very flexible approach and an ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally, sometimes at short notice, as required
· A customer focused, efficient and accurate approach with good people skills and the ability to form relationships with key individuals
· An ability to communicate effectively, with a strong telephone manner
· An ability to anticipate and out manoeuvre rivals in competitive tenders
· Previous experience working in an international environment
· An ability to generate consistent GP for the company
· Excellent time management skills to ensure rigorous contract and project deadlines are met
· A well organised and resourceful individual
· IT literacy with the ability to learn the functions of a new system
· Excellent numeracy skills
It would also be an advantage if you had a good understanding or export and / or import, especially around customs compliance in these difficult times, but this is not essential.
Fluency in a 2nd language, as well as English, would also be an advantage, but this is not essential.
Basic salary will be dependent on relevant experience, and we also offer a good commission scheme and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a progressive company that loves to develop their own and reward good work.
Air Partner is part of the Wheel-Up family.
If you have any issues submitting your application, please instead submit your CV and any supporting information (covering letter, salary expectations, confirmation of your right to work in the relevant country and your current notice period), stating which vacancy you are applying for, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org